Step back in time with us to the good olde medieval days and experience the excitement and thrill of jousting with our half day jousting experience taught by our very own professional knights.
A sport of Kings and nobility, jousting was a colourful pageant that displayed a Knight’s skill at arms in mounted combat to the highest standard possible. Favourites were chosen, hearts were won and adrenaline was everywhere.
There were good Knights and bad Knights and although no female Knights back in the day, we do have them now and showing the boys how its done! You will put on the persona of your favourite Knight (good or bad) with your coat of arms and colours and challenge your fellow Knights in skills at arms including hitting the Quintaine, collecting hoops, hitting targets and the winners competing against our resident Knights.
Riding a horse is an advantage but we take riders of all levels, and non-riders too. Everything is done in a step-by-step, safe way and we can welcome Knights, Ladies and children over 12.
Available individually or in groups up to four, we pack your time here full of adventure.
This is a fun experience and suitable for all riding levels, you just have to have a positive medieval attitude and away we go!
2017 group dates
- Sunday 5th February 2017
- Saturday 11th March 2017
- Friday 28th April 2017 (St George Special) – limited space remaining
Sunday 9th July 2017– Fully booked
- Saturday 30th September 2017
To book, Contact Us today and we can let you know the next available date if you would like to come for a group session, or we can book you in for an individual session. Gift Vouchers are available for the group sessions and can be found here.
Things to note:
- If taken individually the jousting experience will last approximately one and a half hours whereas for groups of up to four it will usually last between 3-4 hours.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required
- Lunch can be arranged at the nearby pub (within walking distance) if required – just let us know when booking and we can send you prices.
- Riding hats are provided (with a medieval covering!) but if you have your own which is up to current safety standards please bring this with you
- On the day please wear sensible footwear that has a flat sole and small heel – no trainers
- Wear clothing that is suitable for the weather as all activities are outdoors
- Wear clothing that is suitable for riding (long trousers, no loose jewellery)
- And gloves to help protect those delicate modern day hands
- The Half Day Jousting Experience takes place at our premises in Whitney-on-Wye, Herefordshire, but we are also able to bring the experience to you (please enquire about prices)
For Individual Experience Sessions – £85 (lasts 1-2 hours depending on riding ability)
Group Session (run on set dates through-out the year) – £55 per person
Private Group Sessions (Minimum of 4 people) – £55 per person